THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Unraveling the Scarf Mystery

Apparently there is more than one way to "tie" a scarf.
For 23 years, I have been struggling with scarves, 

always twisting them around my neck
in a haphazard (and sometimes hazardous) way. I almost decided to throw the scarf in.... 

THEN the light broke through
And--[insert long reading here]--I learned how to tie a scarf so it doesn't fall off at every move! WOW AMAZING! I NEVER KNEW!

It's like learning that there is a method to
tying your shoelaces...
or baking a squash.


Anyway, now that I am on this scarf fetish, I came across this website on how many various ways a woman can tie a scarf.....and THIS is what I found:



Hmmm..maybe, if you are at Joe's Crab Shack. Yes, this definitely could work.












Wait, isn't this considered a dress now??







WHAT the HECK is THAT?!












I should be ashamed of this post, but I'm not. I have worse stories.

Encore!
Like....
* I didn't know that Hawaii was part of the US until I was 16 yrs old and visiting one of the islands.
* I got off the plane and commented on the great desert sky (oops) and how great it was to visit another country!
* Noticed the American stop signs, which seemed curious to me
* And was then enlightened

* I thought the "L" button in the elevator meant "land" when I was 15...and I think even then I wasn't sure if it was the verb land, or the noun.

....and this is what I heard...."You mean lobby?"


Anybody have any confessions to share about things you really should have known earlier??
Come on, temper my public humiliation--it's fun and liberating.




1 comments:

Jenny said...

Lauren, you are out of control...