THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another Awkward Confession



Two months ago, Jon, my sister, and I spent our entire lunch debating whether this was an image of a goat, a sheep, or (my favorite) a kangaroo. I think the laughter was compounded by the person working there who could not tell us what it was (hello?) and another customer who treated us like we were cotton people without brains because we did not know what this animal was. This man got a good laugh when we deduced (or rather induced) that since the company was Australian (according to the employee who is now an unreliable source), then the animal must be--why yes--a kangaroo! I must say that Jon insisted all the while that it was a sheep; I admittedly got excited at the prospect that it was a kangaroo, which sounded more fun than a lousy goat or sheep.

Ultimately, the all-knowing customer told us cotton people that it was a goat, but Jon insisted that it was a sheep. I think I was still willing that it was a kangaroo.

For good measure, we should all see these images on trial:

Exhibit A:    Goat








Exhibit B: Sheep





Exhibit C:   Kangaroo







Two months later, I am still laughing about this whole thing.....

Me (looking at the Crazy Mocha "mascot"): Honey, but doesn't it look like that goat in Shrek?
Jon (in disbelief): No, Lauren, that's a donkey!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it's a lamb (aka baby sheep).

Bethany said...

It looks like a goat to me!

Josh said...

The face looks most like a goat to me- but it could be seen as either three. However, the big clue for me is the hand. It doesn't appear to have any hooves- which is what it would have if it were a sheep, lamb, or goat- Kangaroos on the other hand (no pun intended) do not have hooves- and would therefore be the best guess anatomically... HAHA!