THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Linguistics 101

Since I like to do things in 3s, I decided to wait until I had a third to include, and now I do!

Three pieces of evidence that our current use of language is not serving us well...

1) "Father Tom married us" *scratch* You married each other; Fr. Tom witnessed and blessed and maybe went to the party.

2) "I lost my virginity" *scratch* You lose a quarter or your cell phone, you don't lose your virginity (like "oops! I lost it), you give it as a self gift to your spouse.

3) "Dr. Brown delivered my baby" *scratch* Dr. Brown was nice to show up and help out, but you were the one who delivered your baby (this is true even in a caesarean; birthing is not just a physical process, but is emotional, mental, and spiritual as well)

Any others?....

2 comments:

Jenny said...

"I'm discerning my vocation." *scratch* God has already discerned your vocation; your job is just to listen attentively when He speaks, and then have the courage to act on His plans...

Confessions of a Steubie Wife said...

hahaha...hey i say that! oops.