THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

From Father Frank Pavone on What "Pro-Choice" Means

"In the day that you eat of it," God warned them, "you
shall die" (Gen 2:17). What is wrong with knowing good
from evil? Aren't we supposed to know the difference
between good and evil? Why, then, is this the one tree
of which our first parents were not to eat?

The answer lies in the fact that the "knowledge of good
and evil" here does not simply mean "knowing." It means
that Adam and Eve would think they could decide the
difference between good and evil, that they would be
the ones to determine what was right and wrong, that
they would be the norm of morality.

This is the original temptation. "What's right and
wrong for me is up to me... What's right and wrong for
you is up to you... Do not impose your morality on
me... I will create my own values... I am accountable
to nobody but myself."

In other words, it's all up to my own personal choice.
The original sin is to put choice above goodness and
truth, to abuse freedom by trying to create what is
right rather than submit to it.

Jesus showed us the way of submission to the Father, of
obedience even unto death on a cross. That is why he
was highly exalted. Following his example, and living
in the power of the Spirit, we lead our culture from
the self-exaltation of "choice" that leads to death to
the self-sacrifice of obedience that leads to life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have a link to your blog on my own.