THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Venting

[I received this in an email from my mom recently when I asked her to write me about the circumstances of my birth]

Doctor to my mom when she was pregnant with me: "Michele, you are so young and it might be the best thing."

WOW. I can't think of a line that has made my jaw drop so low. The BEST thing. How does this doctor know what the BEST thing is? Is he God? Is he the arbiter of life and death? of MY life and death? Is is best that I should have died at his hands, on his table, to his financial credit?
Is it best that I am not alive, not a wife to my husband Jon, not a daughter to my parents, not a sister to Natasha or Billy, not a cousin or an aunt or a gradndaughter or a niece or a godmother ? Is it best because my mom was 19 and that made my life less beautiful, less worthy.
Is this HIS decision to make?
Is it my mom's? My dad's?
No.
It's neither. It was God's decision and He made it, and THAT is what's best. BOOM.
Amen.

1 comments:

Josh said...

Boom? lol You need to use "boom" in your day to day expression more...come to think of it- so do I! I'm going to use it at least once today! haha

Yeah, we kinda have lost the whole "Thy will be done" thought process.