THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Now, Who Can Make a Bird?

This seems a most appropriate feast day to share a memory that I have of my grandpa. I can remember many times during my childhood, teenage years, and even into my twenties that my grandpa would point to a bird and with a face full of wonder and delight, ask me "Now, look Lauren, who can make a bird but God?"

It may be a simple story but it has lasting sweetness for me. Whenever I see a single bird or a family of them flying swiftly through the air, I think of my grandpa and his faith and humility before God. Birds are a tremendous gift!


St. Francis: "My brothers, birds, you should praise your Creator."



St.Francis, pray for us.

2 comments:

Josh said...

That's so sweet...I have the same kind of response with snow. Everytime I see snow I immediately am recalled to God.

AnchorMama said...

How touching. I love when you can see the wonder of creation through the eyes of another! You are very blessed to have had a Grandpa like that.