THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

In Frames

Clare is officially ticklish now...and teething. Our tri-part routine goes something like this: cue--washcloth dipped in ice cold water to Clare's mouth--cue--Clare on lap gnawing on one of our fingers--cue--nurse to sleep. Can't wait to see these teeth surface in a few months--we've worked hard for them!
She still loves bath time, being kissed/and now tickled, diaper changes (huh? weird), conversations with lots of eye contact, and her papa! 
She has some steady obsessions like staring at the closet with all of the clothes and the window that is covered by a dark square blanket that contrasts with the white wall (ghetto, I know! Studies show children in homes with ghetto makeshift window coverings score higher on IQ tests--j/k!--but I guess you don't need contrasting mobiles, kids find their own). 
She still resists tummy time and gets jealous when I am talking to someone on the phone or if a friend is over. 
She has become better at sleeping on her own after I nurse her down, which is a great improvement, affording me some needed free time. Yes, I have come to consider doing dishes and laundry free time.
Oh, and did I mention she has learned to read?





0 comments: