THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Contact Fr. Jenkins at president@nd.edu if you would like to protest Obama's invitation to speak at Notre Dame's commencement

Dear Father Jenkins,


I must write to you concerning your invitation to President Obama. I am a Catholic young woman who just had her first child. As a Christian, I rejoice in the gift of my daughter Clare. Her new life only reinforces my dedication to the protection of life, both wanted and "unwanted." 


It is deeply painful to me to think that a president who is okay with and forwards legislation for the killing of innocent young babies would be honored as a guest speaker at Notre Dame. How can such a thing happen under Our Lady's beautiful statue raised high on Notre Dame's golden dome? The image makes me cringe in grief. I hope that you too will come to share in this grief and that it will compel you to action.


Please, please, be courageous and rescind your invitation to President Obama and honor Our Lord instead by your faithful witness to the protection of the unborn children entrusted to us all.


Lauren Sorenson

0 comments: