THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

2 mos and 3 weeks...and politically incorrect


Every Monday marks us one week closer to meeting our baby face to face, so I usually try to blog around this time.

I have still been experiencing nausea, some days are better/worse than others, indigestion, and fatigue. A new symptom that has come up is a feeling of lightheadedness/dizziness. Because of that (and the other pregnancy tagalongs), I have spent a lot of time studying in bed this pregnancy, which has been strangely relaxing. I say that because I am the farthest thing from being a homebody. As a kid and to this day, I love being outside, wherever that is, and dread indoor days. When people ask me what I am going to be doing once the baby is born, I want to respond "I will be home with the baby" but I wrestle with the part about "home"...haha...same with "stay-at-home mom." That one doesn't work for me either. How about "stay-outside mom"??? I have a feeling once the baby and I are adjusted, we're going to be hopping around a lot of places: parks, museums, hot air balloons, j/k. Regardless, most people don't like to hear my response anyway--something about not reaching my potential (*How much of the labor force is really reaching their individual potentials anyway? Are young babies who are unnecessarily put in day cares [which I have observed myself as a student studying early childhood development one summer] and not being nurtured by care providers, but instead left alone for a majority of the time, reaching their potentials?) or cutting myself off from society--the first of which is simply not true, and the second of which I wish were true, but it's also not...haha. I should include that people don't typically say these things, but I am taking a guess at what they are thinking as they are dumbfounded and say nothing, leaving the great and impenetrable political silence between us. Awkward for both parties, by the way.

Anyway, since this was a fun memory I will note it here. Yesterday Jon and I were out studying in Robinson and he excitedly suggested going to shop for maternity clothes with me. It made me so happy and thankful to have a husband eager (possibly more eager than I was, haha) to find maternity clothes. I am blessed beyond reasonable measure! We had so much fun, with me trying on clothes and Jon watching and cheering me on. He bought me a skirt, a dress, some bermuda shorts, and two tank tops, which should all last me until the cold weather. My mother-in-law gifted me with some winter wear too so I feel good to go for the next 6 mos.

Oh, and one funny thing to add, something Jon and I laugh about, but as it is I have a slight food aversion to mushrooms (which I avoid these days), but can eat lots and lots of garlic. And when I say lots and garlic together, I mean that in the most Italian way possible.

0 comments: