THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jon in Show Business

On Friday, Jon got a call asking him if he could do a short clip for EWTN on Christian ethics. He said yes. All weekend, we had fun joking about his entrance into "show business," how he would need to find an agent, how it all starts with a 30 sec clip right before a commercial break, how he already has experience with sets and cameras since he was in our wedding video after all. 

Monday morning over breakfast...
Me: What time are you going to be filmed? Did they already film the show or are you all being filmed at the same time?
Jon (puffed up): It's in the can.
Me: What do you mean it's in the can?
Jon: That's show business talk, Lauren, and I'm in show business now, so that's what you say when something is done.
Me: Oh you have to be kidding me...lol

* In light of Jon's newfound stardom, which will probably be a never-ending joke for us now, I have to post this funny joke pulled from the website for Dr. Regis Martin's Fan Club since it relates to the show Jon was on for a few short clips:
"I believe I remember a time I was watching Franciscan University Presents and Dr. Martin, Dr. Hahn, and Fr. Mike were talking about something very spiritual...and very boring. At some point in the discussion Dr. Martin said something to the effect of, “We may want to change the subject before the eight people who are watching this show change the channel and get up to pour themselves another cup of prune juice.”


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to watch the clip of my famous brother in law! I hope this doesn't get to his head ;) jk It's getting to mine and I am announcing it to all my friends, haha.
Tash