THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Feast Day of St. Nicholas of Myra!!! Now...an uninhibited complaint

Standing in line at the post office today...


They offered two choices to customers for "holiday" stamps: 1) the Nutcracker; and 2) Madonna and Child...
Opting for the Nutcracker??
Since when was the Nutcracker God Incarnate

I am truly grieved at what Christmas is in this country. I am tired of receiving Christmas cards with icicles, reindeer, and some jelly-filled construction of Santa Claus. I am tired of St. Nicholas' charity being recast as the rich giving to the rich. I am tired of Christmas being a "gift-giving exchange" party. I am tired of hustle and bustle, but no Jesus. 
I want Jesus; You can keep the snowflake cards and glitter. 

0 comments: