THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Loved From the Start


Tonight Jon and I went over to say goodbye to some beautiful friends who are moving out of state. I couldn't wait to put this sonogram of Clare's face in the frame that our friends gave us. Receiving it and reading what it says just made me so grateful to God that Jon and I are open to life and specifically open to Clare's life. She really is loved from the start--what a gift to all three of us: she is loved, but Jon and I also experience so much love in loving her before even holding her. I know for these next months I am going to be spending a lot of time glancing over at Clare's face. 

On a comic note (rather than the sentimental motherly one before ;) Jon enjoyed the time playing poker with the guys and drinking whiskey and port. He usually has a beer or a glass of wine twice a month on average so he doesn't have much tolerance. He's never been drunk and wasn't tonight. In fact, the most I have ever seen him drink was with a Franciscan friar who took us out to dinner several years ago and kept refilling Jon's wine glass when it was only half empty. Anyway, it was funny because as I was driving us home (how responsible of us!!), I asked Jon jokingly:

Me: So how much did you drink?

Jon: Some whiskey and some port.

Me: So, how do you feel?

Jon: I feel smart.

HAHAHA!!!

0 comments: