THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

On the crazy train...really.


Today takes the cake for pregnancy "what is going on with my body???"

It started with being overheated at Mass (since the air conditioning was more like French air conditioning than Texan air conditioning)...to be compounded by hormonal heights and crying for no reason at all in the church foyer (the whole time wondering what Laura was thinking as she sat next to me holding Daniel)...and I mean crying a lot. Jon came out from Mass to stand by me, all the while with a sweet "my wife is pregnant and adorable" smile on his face, which made me cry more. Then, when I realized I was missing a lot of the Mass, I started crying even more because I wanted to be there, but felt frustrated by my fatigue, hormones, and temperature level.

Then we came home and by 5 p.m. I was sleeping...for 3 hours. Since we've been pregnant, Jon has been encouraging me to take naps, saying "you're the only pregnant woman I've known who doesn't sleep during the day," but I was usually too sick to really rest or resistant to the inactivity. Today, he was very happy that I slept, even though for me it was bizarrely against my usual energy level.

But, alas, at least I have been warned about these little emotional moments and extreme fatigue by friends who have been pregnant...now I get to live it myself, or at least, cry and sleep it.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha!!! I would always get weepy at Mass. I'd be ok until the consecration and that was it. Oh and embarrassingly enough halmark commercials and just about everything else that showed any mark of affection including a car insurance commercial. Oh, the tenderness of pregnancy! Natasha